The Gallo Gives Foundation Awards Community Donations
As part of its continual effort to make a difference in the community in which it lives and serves, Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Gallo Realty’s Gallo Gives Foundation awarded several of its 2019 fourth-quarter earnings donations to Delaware Hospice, Delaware Breast Cancer Coalition, Milton Community Food Pantry, Habitat for Humanity, People’s Place, Immanuel Shelter, and the Cape Henlopen Educational Fund (CHEF); in addition, a portion of earnings has been set aside for two college-bound senior scholarships of $2,500 each that will be made available in the spring of 2020. The total donated for this series of giving was $7,500.
- $2,000 was awarded to Delaware Hospice. Delaware Hospice strives to communicate their values and unwavering commitment, so that patients and their families understand the level of care expected during a time of need. Their purpose is to foster dignity, peace, and comfort during a person’s final days while providing the highest quality hospice and healthcare services and serving as a trusted community partner in end-of-life education and support. With generous donations and volunteer support, Delaware Hospice, as the only not-for-profit hospice in Delaware, will adhere to its mission of providing high quality hospice and healthcare services. To support Delaware Hospice, visit www.delawarehospice.org
- $2,000 was dedicated to the Delaware Breast Cancer Coalition (DBCC). The organization offers statewide programs and services, while raising awareness of breast health issues through survivorship support services, outreach, and education, in order to facilitate the early detection and treatment of breast cancer. The vision of the agency is to create a community where every person diagnosed with breast cancer becomes a survivor, and fear and doubt are replaced with knowledge and hope. The DBCC also supports the National Breast Cancer Coalition’s advocacy efforts to end breast cancer.
To support the coalition, visit www.debreastcancer.org/about/about_dbcc
- $1,000 was donated to the Milton Community Food Pantry, to support its goal of obtaining a new facility. The Milton Community Food Pantry, Inc. is an organization staffed by volunteers, whose mission is to provide food assistance to eligible Milton residents. They support many individuals and families who have been affected by illness and economic issues. In addition, they conduct programs to increase community awareness about the issues of hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. To donate or aid in their efforts, visit www.miltonfoodpantry.org.
- $1,000 was given to Habitat for Humanity. Habitat for Humanity is a global nonprofit housing organization working in local communities across all 50 states in the U.S. and in approximately 70 countries. Habitat’s vision is of a world where everyone has a decent place to live. Habitat works toward a vision by building strength, stability, and self-reliance in partnership with families in need of decent and affordable housing. Habitat homeowners help build their own homes alongside volunteers and pay an affordable mortgage. To work on a build locally or donate to a build, visit, www.habitat.org/support
· $500 was dedicated to People’s Place. The funds were donated specifically for the Shelter Advocacy Freedom & Empowerment (SAFE) program. SAFE advocates work specifically with domestic violence survivors who are involved with the Department of Children, Youth, and their Families. People’s Place has grown into the largest multi-service nonprofit organization that is dedicated to helping people find their path to growth and independence. They accomplish this goal by providing a variety of programs and services to the families, adults, and children of lower Delaware that are focused on counseling, education, prevention, intervention, supportive services, and advocacy. Today, People’s Place, through a collaborative effort, serves more than 9,000 residents per year in Kent, Sussex, and lower New Castle counties. To learn more, visit www.peoplesplace2.com
- $500 was donated to Immanuel Shelter. The donation was offered specifically to purchase gift cards from the Cracker Barrel Restaurant. Since 2010, Immanuel Shelter has provided winter refuge services to those experiencing homelessness in Rehoboth Beach, Lewes, and surrounding areas. Immanuel Shelter safeguards homeless adult men and women, offering protection from the harsh, sometimes life-threatening winter elements. Immanuel Shelter Code Purple services include offering shelter, food, clothing, basic human necessities, and friendly companionship. They provide compassionate, trained, and skilled staff and volunteer services that demonstrate a respect and dignity for all Immanuel homeless guests. To learn more and support the shelter, visit www.immanuelshelter.org
- $500 was allocated to Cape Henlopen Educational Fund (CHEF). The funds will be directed toward students, identified by the school administrators, who will have difficulty covering field-trip fees. This year’s Elementary Field Trip Program will have over 1,000 students from the district’s four elementary schools, grades 3, 4, and 5, go on a field trip to either Washington D.C., or Philadelphia. CHEF seeks to inspire learning and to prepare all students for a healthy, productive life in a diverse and global society. To accomplish this, they seek to engage the entire community – educators, parents, and business, civic, and legislative leaders – in providing students with the tools they need to excel. From 2007 to the present, CHEF has funded approximately 200 teacher grant requests totaling more than $250,000 in educational aid to Cape Henlopen schools, supporting anti-bullying and homeless programs, arts scholarships, career-focused initiatives, and other activities. To learn more or to donate to CHEF, visit
About the Gallo Gives Foundation
The Gallo Gives Foundation is the charitable arm of Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Gallo Realty. The foundation managed by the Greater Lewes Foundation. Most of the funds are contributed by the agents and staff of Gallo Realty, and the company matches all contributions 100%. Established in 2016, the Gallo Gives Foundation has donated over $130,000 to local and worldwide charitable organizations. If you would like to contribute to the foundation, or request a grant, please contact Andrew Ratner at 302-227-6101 or email [email protected]. Visit GoToGallo.com for more details about the foundation.