Dagsboro

Dagsboro, Delaware
Incorporated: Early 1900’s

From browsing antiques to catching a first-run film at the Clayton Theatre, the Town of Dagsboro offers a mix of the past and present.

History:

Once known as Dagsbury and Dagsborough, the town was eventually named after John Dagworthy who served as a brigadier general during the American Revolutionary War. Dagsworthy died in 1829 and is buried at Prince George’s Chapel; one of the nation’s oldest standing churches as well as the town’s oldest standing building.

Contact:

Dagsboro Town Hall
33134 Main Street, Dagsboro, DE 19939
302-732-3777

Dagsboro.delaware.gov DAGSBORO MAP