Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Gallo Realty held its annual company meeting on January 14 at the Lewes Yacht Club on Lewes Beach. The company closed its offices so that management, agents, and staff could gather to reflect on accomplishments of 2019 and set goals for 2020.
Company Vice-President Andrew Ratner led the meeting, stressing the importance of conveying the company’s vision, mission, and objectives every day. Ratner stated, “With the increase in competition for clients, everyone at Gallo Realty needs to strive for 100-percent client satisfaction, proving that ‘tech-based’ services are no match for the personal relationships developed by experienced and dedicated local agents.”
“It is critical that our agents use all the tools that we provide,” said Ratner, “to show clients that we offer unbeatable customer service and expertise in our local market, as well as the latest technology. The difference between an Internet-based sales company and Gallo Realty is our people. We have the best management, agents, and staff!”
“Market analysis shows how the sales agents’ world is changing. Over the last few years, though sales have increased modestly, the number of agents selling properties in Sussex County has nearly doubled. In order to stand out among the increased competition,” Ratner added, “we must prove our worth continuously by showing that we are the local market experts, we oversee all aspects of the transaction, and we provide excellent customer service.”
Ratner also shared data on the company’s performance with its rental division, which spent 2019 developing new programs to help them compete with the increasing growth of online rental sites. The firm revamped its website, allowing for more flexible booking rules, map-based searching, and added marketing opportunities for the property owners. In order to track customer satisfaction, Gallo Realty surveys both property owners and guests and takes to heart both criticism and positive feedback. The company also created a Facebook page for owners, which has proved very popular. These changes have worked, with the company generating close to a 10% increase in bookings.
The three office locations of Gallo Realty welcomed the following new agents and staff: Stephanie Bray, Rachel Cooper, Jessica Crozier, Elaine Dernoga, Jennifer Hawk, Jessica Jackson, Lori Jones, Megan Kinnahan, Mary McCleod, Darnise Smith, Michael Sprouse, and Kathryn Wolfe.
The highlight of the meeting recognized the top agents in the company. Several of these agents will also be recognized at the Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices national convention in Nashville, Tenn. in March.
– Chairman’s Circle Diamond Award (over $200 million in sales volume): The Lee Ann Wilkinson Group.
– Chairman’s Circle Gold Award ($15-$20 million in sales volume): Barbara Morales Associates; Laurie Bronstein and Terry Coleman.
– President’s Circle ($8-$12 million in sales volume): Joanne Young; The Lurty Team; The Beth Evans Team.
– Leading Edge Society ($5-$7 million on sales volume): Kathy Ford.
– Honor Society ($3-$5 million in sales volume): Joe Choma; George Thomasson/Michael Sprouse; Chris Beagle; Edie Page; Megan Honeysett/James Smith; The Cole Group; Robin Palumbo Thompson; Lana Warfield; Steve and Mary Jo Timmons; Peter Walling; Stephanie Bray.
– Rentals – Platinum Club (over $185,000 in gross commission): Maureen Kyritsis; Margaret Iorii.
– Rentals – Gold Club (over $120,000 in gross commission): Christopher Roark; Alyssa Bishop; Donna DiLuzio; Pam Notarangelo; Kim Rebman.
Ratner also honored individuals celebrating anniversaries with BHHS Gallo Realty:
– Five years: Adrienne Klase, Edie Page, Ted Searle, Donna Whiteside.
– Ten years: Barbara Morales.
– 15 years: Patsy Carpenter.
– 25 years: Andrew Ratner, Tricia Ratner.
– 30 years: Norman Price.
The meeting concluded with a summary of the Gallo Gives Foundation fundraising efforts. The company’s charitable arm donated more than $31,000 to local charities in 2019. In the four years of its history, the foundation has donated over $130,000 to local nonprofits. Ratner stated, “Giving back to our community is part of what we do each and every day.”
In the spirit of this community-based mindset, the company presented its sixth annual Community Service Award to sales agent George Thomasson. Thomasson, who was named SCAOR REALTOR® of the Year on Jan. 13, was lauded for his dedication to community service, including the first vice-president of the Board of REALTORS®; DAR state coordinator; RPAC coordinator; and member of the City of Lewes HPARC.
About BHHS Gallo Realty
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Gallo Realty is an award-winning, full-service real estate firm that has been serving the resort region since 1979. The firm has four main offices, located in Lewes, Rehoboth Beach, and Bethany Beach. Visit GoToGallo.com for details.
About Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices, based in Irvine, CA, is a real estate brokerage franchise network built for a new era in residential real estate. The network, among the few organizations entrusted to use the world-renowned Berkshire Hathaway name, now counts more than 50,000 agents and nearly 1,500 offices across America, Western Europe, and Dubai. Visit www.bhhs.com.